Board, Committees, Key Volunteers
To celebrate and collaborate in Colorado! We envision a time of celebrating our work, connecting in a peaceful mountain setting, and collaborating in quiet spaces with diverse workshops, panels, exchanges, and speeches.
The ACGM will be held at the University of Colorado, Boulder on June 25 - 28, 2020
We are excited to invite you to Take Time to Connect at AmSat’s 2020 Annual Conference and General Meeting.
This year’s ACGM will be held at the University of Colorado in Boulder. We will gather in the beautiful foothills Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; June 26-28th. The Board has decided to reduce the pre-ACGM to one day, Thursday, June 25th. For an extra day to enjoy Boulder, we invite you to join us Wednesday the 24th to explore on your own and/or gather for a group hike, workshop-style and free of charge.
The University of Colorado is a liberal arts and sciences institution with beautiful architecture in a breathtaking landscape. The striking views, quiet classrooms, and pleasant, short walks between buildings will set the stage to help us take time to connect with each other. Easily accessible are many fine restaurants, microbreweries, unique local shops, live music, theatre events, and outdoor activities.
The 2020 ACGM Planning Committee is now accepting workshop proposals!
Have a great idea for a workshop or an activity to start the day?
Workshop scheduling details and guidelines can be found on the Workshop Proposal Guidelines tab at below. Workshop proposals are due by December 2, 2019 and can be submitted HERE.
As you begin thinking about your workshop proposal, keep in mind the beautiful mountain setting of our venue, and our theme: “Taking Time to Connect”. Our vision of this year’s ACGM is that of a retreat, where we have time to connect with ourselves, nature, and each other. Various other sub-categories we have envisioned are: connecting with our principles, connecting with our past, connecting with our future, and connecting with other disciplines. Please feel free to suggest additional topics that relate to connection and taking time.
Questions? Contact 2020 ACGM Programming Committee Chair Anna Sobotka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Proposal Guidelines
Workshop Proposal Guidelines
The 2020 ACGM Planning Committee is now accepting proposals for Pre-ACGM and ACGM workshops. To submit your workshop proposal, please use our online proposal system.
The deadline for submission of workshop proposals is December 2, 2019.
2020 presenter policies:
- You must be a current teaching member of AmSAT or an Affiliated Society
- AmSAT reserves the right to cancel any workshop with fewer than 4 participants.
- Honorarium is $120 for each 90 minute workshop, to be paid within 30 days after the end of the ACGM. Honoraria for workshops of different lengths will be based on $40 for each 30 minute increment. Fees for attendance at the ACGM, presenter travel and lodging are NOT included in honorarium payment
- All workshops will have a maximum of 20 participants unless the presenter specifies otherwise
- You must register for the ACGM by April 15, 2020 in order to teach a workshop
- ACGM Workshop presenters are required to register for the ACGM. Pre-ACGM presenters are not required to register for pre-ACGM day of their presentation IF they register for the ACGM. Otherwise they pay the day registration rate for the day of their presentation
- By submitting a proposal and clicking on "yes" on the profile page, you are agreeing to these policies
Items required to be submitted with your workshop proposal:
- Training course and year of certification
- Your biographical statement (may be entered or uploaded)
- Your photo
- Workshop title (Note: your title MUST begin with your name)
- Workshop description
- How does your workshop fit with the theme “Taking Time to Connect”?
- Learning objectives and activities
- Format: Primarily lecture or presentation/primarily movement and activity
- Who is your workshop for?
- General public
- Combination of above (please specify)
- Logistical requirements:
- Do you require a carpeted floor? Mats? Books or foam for heads?
- Will you require chairs suitable for chair work in your workshop? How many?
- Will you require a table for table work in your workshop?
- Is there any additional special equipment you would like to ask about?
- Any audio-visual equipment you require (Please note! If you do NOT request an LCD projector at the proposal stage, it will not be provided for your workshop.). Workshop presenters requesting A/V equipment, such as LCD projector, must submit this information with their initial workshop proposal. A/V is strictly budgeted as it adds substantially to the overall ACGM costs. Presenters should understand that their request is a request, dependent on budget and venue. The ACGM Committee can request that presenters minimize use of equipment that can easily cause cost overruns. All A/V requests must be reviewed by MEI to ensure maximal equipment use at minimal expense.
If you have questions about submitting your proposal, please contact the AmSAT office at email@example.com or call 937.586.3732
Things to do in Boulder
None at this time.